Sunday, January 4, 2009

Primary - Activities - Primary???????

So about 13 months ago I was released from the stake primary where I had served as secretary, just so I could be called as the ward activity chairman. As a new years surprise our stake Primary Presidency was just reorganized today and I was called as the 2nd counselor. This is quite a surprise and a cause of great fear to me. I have been a member of the church for close to 30 years now and managed to avoid speaking in church all but 2 times. When I was the secretary in stake primary I never had to do any speaking in front of people. However we are going to start out our new presidency with a bang, next Sunday two ward conferences and a stake baptismal fireside. Guess who gets to give one of the classes at the fireside. me..... I'm scared! I think it will only be children not parents too, so that's a relief. I just have to keep remembering that I can do what is asked of me because the Lord will help me. I know I can't do this calling with out help.
We are having a meeting this week to be set apart and to get to know each other and plan for this weekends meetings. I am particularly looking forward to meeting the new President since I have no idea who she is.
I know I will love this calling because I love the children and visiting other primaries. I just need to get used to it.

1 comments:

KJA said...

I heard about this new calling. Very cool. I'm in the Primary presidency in Pagedale so I look forward to workign with you. All is good and the Lord loves you.