Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What no one tells you

When you are young and are having babies everyone tells you how painful labor is or isn't. Everyone tells you how the first few weeks are the hardest.
Everyone tells you how great it is when they sleep through the night.
Everyone tells you how hard or easy potty training is.
Everyone tells you how hard it is to send them to their first day of school.
Everyone says middle school is the hardest.
Everyone tells you how fast the high school years go by.
Everyone tells you sending them away to college the first time is hard.
Everyone tells you how hard it is when they leave on their missions, but how fast the time goes.
NO ONE tells you that once they are all grown and home from their mission just how heart wrenching it is when you send them off to school knowing that it's time for them to be independent and on their own.
NO ONE tells you how hard it is when you realize they may not come again except for visits.
NO ONE tells you how hard it is to let your children go.

It may seem like a lot of hard work to raise children but it's even harder to let them go and hope you have done your best.

2 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

If you get lonely, I'll move in with you... and I'll bring all the monsters.

very sweet post. I know you have done a great job. You are a great mother.

Nonnie said...

No one tells you ??? Do you not remember a very crazy mom walking around with a cordless phone from room to room in case her BYU girls NEEDED her? Where have you been? Austrailia ? Oh no ,I remember now that's where RJ went on this mission. I LOVE you. You are a great MOM.Life is good!!