Friday, May 16, 2008

Piano Blues

Maybe I'm just too old to learn to play the piano. For about 7 weeks I was cruising along with no problem. Then the last two weeks I've hit the wall. I found out my fingers just don't obey me. I was fine till I got to the lesson where one hand plays something and the other hand plays something else at the same time. My fingers refuse! This week my teacher gave me scales to play but you have to switch fingers at different times and I can't seem to master even this. I mean I can do one hand at a time perfectly, but not both. This is the first week out of 9 that I didn't get a new song to play, just scales. How embarrassing! I know, practice, practice, more practice and more practice..........................blah, blah, blah!!!

I love to play the piano, but I may never advance out of book 1!!

1 comments:

McKay Coffey said...

Sister Lindmark, it's not about advancing to the next book or song even. It's about practicing every day for as long as you can bare. It's about never giving up because if you give up on the music, the music will give up on you and you will be the one with the regret. Yes, I speak from experience. I wish I had more time and patience like you to practice everyday, violin or piano. I admire you for your diligence in continuing to practice even when you have a family and life of your own. :)