I just wanted to say i am so happy we got to talk to Rob today. Hearing his voice was so wonderful and knowing he will be home in 3.5 months is so great!!!! He loves his mission, he loves the area where he is at right now. He would be happy to stay there till he is ready to come home. A sister from his ward called me on Saturday night. She said he was standing right there and wanted to set up a time for his mothers day call. She said they all love him. She wants her daughter to marry him, but the daughter is only 8 so I hope he doesn't wait that long. I need grand kids!
It is so great to know other mothers are watching over my son while he is gone. This is maybe the 5th phone call I have received while Rob has been on his mission, from sisters in his different wards, just letting me know he is OK. One even wanted a recipe for Gooey Butter Cake, Rob's favorite, so she could make it for him.
Thank you, Seattle area sisters!
Sibling love
11 years ago
1 comments:
Hi Karen!
Love your post! Thanks for immortalizing me in print. :) I pulled up your blog again because one of the cute 18yr olds in the ward who used to be one of my YW is over for FHE and wanted to see the blog of the missionary who she thinks is cute. :) She would like the recipe for that butter cake so she can make it for him. What do you think? Is that okay? She is stinkin cute - I'll post a picture of her for you!! If he can't marry my daughter, then this girl is a close 2nd. GLad you had a great Mothers Day!
Julie Westra
Post a Comment