Saturday, May 10, 2008

Laundry in the middle of the night

OK it's 12:45 am and I'm not asleep. I'm doing laundry. I just love it when at 10 at night, one of my kids says, I need clothes for work, school, baseball, Sunday.....what ever. This time it's work and I must admit I need clothes for work tomorrow too. I just hadn't planned on doing four loads of laundry tonight. But I love clean laundry, it's so nice when for one, brief shining moment, the laundry room hampers are empty!
At about ten Katy and I watched Nancy Drew, not the best movie I've ever seen, but nothing bad in it either, always a relief. Now at twelve we put in August Rush but Katy abandoned me , she has to get up early to take me to work before she goes to work, and she couldn't stay up longer. Of course I didn't get up for seminary this morning before the crack of dawn. Besides she knows her laundry will be waiting when she gets up, but I know mine wouldn't and neither would hers if I don't stay up a little longer. It's a perk of being the mom, people trust you will come through for them, even if it's only laundry. :)
This movie makes me want to play the piano, but I don't think my family would appreciate my banging out Spring or The Blue Danube at 1 am. They're funny that way, they like sleep.
What I like about this movie is that August never stops believing that if his parents can hear his music they will find him. He has such faith. And it works, they hear the music and they find him and each other. I love happily ever after, I'm such a sap.
The best part of the movie is coming up, and I have to go listen, then fold more laundry, then sleep. 6 am is going to come early.

1 comments:

Julie Westra said...

Hi Karen! This is Julie WEstra - I called you yesterday to set up your phone call time with your missionary. I love your post, but I hope I am never up at 12 am doing laundry. You're a way better mom than me. Granted, my kids are only 8 and 3, so they have yet to beg me for work clothes. But when they do, I think I will tell them to do it themselves. Just not as nice as you, I guess. Hope you had a fabulous day with your son on the phone! He is great. We love having him stop by and hula hoops with our girls. They adore him. And he keeps me and my husband in stitches. You raised a really cool kid and he's doing a wonderful job connecting with everyone out here. YOu guys must be funny people, because he never quits with the one-liners. I'll visit often and post comments for you. I love when I get comments! Here is my blog when you have a chance: http://www.davidsdivas.blogspot.com
Take Care!
Julie Westra