Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Middle of the Night Ramblings

I have this strange need to write on my blog tonight but I have no idea what to write about.

I have so much on my mind right now. Lately my mind is on music. It seems that at almost 48, I have discovered I like music. I have been taking piano lessons for about 8 weeks. I love it. I'm terrible but I love it. I wish I had some natural talent. but I don't. My teacher says I'm doing great but she likes me and she does have to keep telling me to play "legato". That's my word for the week. I must play like walking, one foot, or finger in this case, before I lift up the other. It makes music sound smooth. Mine doesn't. But I like playing and I don't mind practicing at all. I hope to be able to play something recognizable before to long. Of course everything is in the simplified version. Due to piano lessons I have learned a little about classical music, something I've never been interested in before. Right now I'm reading about Vivaldi, because I'm trying to learn this really easy short version of 'Spring'. Vivaldi was an ordained priest besides being a composer and violinist. The song is about 20 pages ahead in my text book from where my lessons are but my teacher wants me to learn it. I want Katy to teach me to play the violin but she's not patient and I'm not getting how to make my fingers and wrist bend like she wants them too. I'll probably just stick with the piano but when I hear someone play the violin I long to be able to do it too. My favorite Cd's right now are by Joshua Bell, an amazing violinist. I love his music.
Katy raved about the movie, August Rush, so I watched it and I loved how August heard music in everything, I wish I could do that but I'm not that talented. It's a really good movie though.
The other thing occupying my mind is how much I hate diabetes and how much I hate shots. How much I need to lose weight to get off the darn shots and some of my medicines but how hard it is. I love to cook, I love chocolate and I hate exercise although I have started walking more. Some day I'd like to be able to run. When other people have trials I remember that in the preexistence we agreed to these trials. I have trouble reminding myself that I might have known I'd have to battle diabetes and I said ok. I changed my mind. I want to be healthy! I can make myself healthy, it's just so hard. I know I shouldn't complain, I've only had to deal with this for about 5 years, when other people, like my sister in law have been dealing with it their whole life but still I hate it. Ok enough whining.
What else, well what should Rob do when he gets home? I just don't know if he should go to school or stay home. He doesn't know either. He wants to go to Utah and I want him to, not really, but I think he'll be happiest there. RJ thinks he should stay home and work for awhile. So we are kind of confused right now. I just can't wait till this Sunday to talk to him and maybe come to a decision.

Ok it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm done rambling, maybe I can sleep now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never you mind Sparky, You are talented or you wouldn't be where you are now, Pleeeease give you self some credit, YOU ROCK !!!

Love Ya,
Sassyron