Friday, May 2, 2008

Lift up your heart and rejoice!!


Today we got the an email with our Stake Missionary Newsletter containing news from most of the missionaries serving from our stake. They are so inspirational.
I am so grateful to have a missionary in the field. I think I will be sad when Rob comes home in a way. Not that I'm not overjoyed at the thought of him coming home but I will be sad for him to be finished with this great learning time in his life.
So what started me on this train of thought? A scripture one of our missionaries quoted in his email, from D & C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.
Isn't that a great scripture for all missionaries!!
What does the world need more than the glad tiding of great joy the gospel brings??
I know I am grateful for the missionaries and friends who taught me at BYU, and for the understanding and knowledge and peace the gospel has brought to my life for the past 28 years.
I know the people that our wonderful missionaries are teaching will be grateful too!


1 comments:

Larry said...

I loved your blog!!! Isn't it wonderful to have your family grow in the gospel .Remember the feelings you had as you were taught.
Elder LIndmark is making that kind of difference in someones life RIGHT now. I still remember what felt like an electric current surging thru my body when I received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I was baptised 31 years ago,just 2 days ago. Life is good Sparky!!!