I'm sure every mother dreams of the day their daughter goes to school wearing the bed sheets. This may be the most ridiculous tradition our high school has. Yesterday was the last day for the seniors of '08, so today is 'officially' the 1st day for the seniors of '09. They make quite a statement by having 'toga day' and wearing sheets to school Why, I have no idea, but apparently it is a long standing tradition, Rob did it too. Traditionally last night was toga night. And the new seniors go out and TP the new juniors, formerly known as sophomores. Katy and her friend Gina left notes and TP 'kits', at a couple of doors but did try to TP a house, but they got caught. It's a stretch for me to remember being a teenager , so I'm having a hard time remembering if this is fun. When I was a kid it was called a harmless prank, but now I think it might be considered vandalism.
I guess if this is the silliest thing she does in high school, I should feel lucky! Besides she looks good in purple! Plus I think she was more excited about parking in the senior parking lot!
5 comments:
haha. I remember toga day. At our school the seniors wear them during a spirit week. It was a lot of fun and it looks like Katy had fun too.
Talk about MY kids growing up! Katy is going to be a SENIOR and has a BOYFRIEND??? Hello??? I remember when I was her Activity Days leader (only briefly before she turned 12). Seems like only yesterday! I'm so glad you are blogging!! I'll add you to my favorites. I'll be in town with the kids on May 28 & 29 and then on June 2. We're going to Chicago for the weekend, but stopping in St. Louis on the way, so if you want me to bring the kids by so you can see them, just tell me when!
Katy would look great in a paper bag !!She is way too cute and growing up into aperfect, loving,caring lds young women,sniff,sniff
Now that I know I can leave a Nonnie comment, I shall.Katy is just beautiful --- inside and out. I hope as a brand new senior life will be exciting and full of all good things. Karen , just so you know larry had to come home and edit me some more. Oh well, next time I'll do better... Woohoo
Well Karen we found out while making a comment on the Lonergan's blog that you have a blog now! So fun to see your family and hear what is going on in your life. We have a blog too. You can visit us at browneggsandjam.blogspot.com
Leave us a comment when you drop in on us.
Katy is going to be a senior? Rob is home this summer? Okay where does time go?
We miss you guys.
Judi :)
Post a Comment