Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Steelers


I know, I know, the Steelers are a football team.
However our coach is from Pittsburgh and when it was time to pick out a new name for our team, he really wanted to be the Steelers. ( I thought they should be stealers as in base) Hence the yellow and black uniforms, which I affectionately call the bumble bee uniform. Sam likes the uniform because he has been lobbying for pinstripe pants for years!
Yesterday was the first game of the actual season not including tournaments. We played clear out in Pond but we won!!!
Sam got walked twice and got a good hit the third time but sent it straight to the first baseman.
It was a good game and the first one we haven't froze to death at. It was raining in the morning but it stopped the sun shone, and we got to play.
I love a nice warm evening at the ballpark with friends and popcorn!! If only the rest of the season could go so well. We have a game Friday and one Saturday so we'll hope for good weather! Updates after the games!

0 comments: