Well....what a weekend this was! After a week of cleaning and cooking and decorating and general craziness around our house , it was finally Saturday, the day of the long awaited Church Prom. Katy's date had asked her back in February by a very cute 3 day process so this was a long anticipated evening.
Katy's date, or I guess I can say boyfriend is McKay Coffey, a very cute and more importantly very nice young man who really likes my daughter. That's a good thing since she really likes him, too. They are the cutest couple!!!!
Also included in this exciting evening is Katy's best friend, Erica and her date Chase. All these kids met through being in the Rising Generation Choir.
At 1 in the afternoon Erica and her mom came over and started the long process of fixing hair and makeup and nails..... then at 6 McKay and Chase came. We went down to the school playground to take pictures and then back to our house for dinner. They had Chicken Cordon Blue (made by me, only my 3rd attempt), rice pilaf, salad, rolls, carrots and asparagus.
Then being only an hour late they left to go to the church for the dance. Where it seems they had a wonderful time. I ran over about 10 to get a few pictures, which is what I got, very few pictures!! The theme was Neverland ...second star to the right. The most impressive decoration was a large pirate ship.
When the dance was over they came back to our house for dessert which Chase had made.
From what I could observe it was a very wonderful evening and I think they all had a good time.
I know Katy has been floating around a few inches off the ground all week!!!
It's so great having a really happy daughter!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment