Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2009 in review

I know I've been terrible about blogging this year so here is our year in pictures, maybe 2010 will be a better blogging year!

Sam turned 13 last January, now he is almost 14!!

Katy got accepted to BYU (just ignore the shirt) She was so happy and we were thrilled for her, it's the only school she has ever wanted to attend

One of my many trips to the zoo with Jack. Every time I see him he says ZOO?

Hiking at Babler State Park with Katy, Sam, and Matt during spring break

Sam baked his first and so far only pie. It was Delicious

After our annual Easter basket hunt, complete with rhyming clues

Katy graduated from Seminary!!

The BYU Ballroom Dance company came to St Louis for an amazing performance and two of the nicest cast members stayed with us!

Katy receives the Gold K from her high school for having above a 3.5 GPA for 4 years

Katy and Alex graduated from high school and put up with me dragging them all over, taking hundreds of pictures

Katy ended a wonderful 4 years with the Rising Generation Youth Choir under the direction the amazing Caroline Hemming, who was also Katy's voice teacher. Sadly Sister Hemming passed away 5 months later from cancer. She is so missed!

Yet another trip to the zoo, this time to see the stingrays!

My babies, Max and Maggie

Sam, 13 and 1/2 So grown up

Waiting for the fireworks on July 4th
Katy and Sam went to Florida with my parents and my sisters family. They had a wonderful time. RJ and I stayed home to work our many part time jobs. After a year and half of unemployment from RJ's regular job we hope 2010 is the year for real employment
In the mountains near Boulder, Co, with our friends of 20 years who had just moved from St Louis to Boulder.
We miss them!

Katy took me to see Arches National Park on our way to BYU

My friend Cheryl and I, friends for 30 plus years.

Katy at BYU, I really hated to leave her out there. I miss her!
Maybe I shouldn't have left her, her first week in Utah she broke her foot.

Katy's cute room at BYU

At home RJ built shelves in Katy's purple room, Now I use it for scrapbooking when she's not home

Rob came home from BYU I in August for a visit, and then went to Atlanta to visit his really cute girlfriend, also named Katie!
Rob was also home in May for a 10 year reunion of a youth trip to Palmyra NY.

Sam and Matt and RJ went with the youth on a fun canoe trip and camp out


Halloween at the church party, my mom and dad dressed up! so funny!!
No pictures this year of RJ's mom and dad, they are on a mission in Fort Worth

Sam's Halloween costume, Going Green, he is so creative!

Year 5 of Creche and Carols, my parents with their 50+ year old nativity

Our friend Susan and one of her friends came from California to see the Creche

Christmas at my parents house, a tradition we don't want to miss

Crazy cousins, Katy and Jana

The best part of Christmas.... having the kids all home at once.

Our family

milestones with out pictures,

Rob turned 22,

Katy turned 19, and

RJ lost about 90 pounds this year!!!

He and Sam are going with the scouts to Philmont this year, so he has to be in shape to hike 50 miles.

Sam played his last year of baseball with his team of many years the Steelers. We will miss them,

This years its the JR Pioneers and hopefully next year, the Kirkwood pioneers!

Me...I'm just happy when the whole family is home.

2 comments:

Judi said...

I loved your photos from 2009! I've missed you blogging!

Your kids look great and so grown up.

I was sad to read Sr. Hemming passed away. Is the choir still happening?

Hope all continues well in 2010!

Freya Sykes said...

Hello, I too was blog hopping and your blog was the next one along from mine today! What a great blog and I loved seeing all your pictures over the year - you have a lovely family, a bit like mine but a a little older (our eldest is 13 and our youngest is 8) Have a wonderful 2010 and I'll keep an eye on your blog now I've found you! :-)
Kindest
Freya

x