Sunday, November 30, 2008

I miss Creches and Carols

This afternoon a couple of friends and I went out to Cottleville (I had never heard of Cottleville before) to a catholic church to see their Creche display. I really enjoyed seeing their display and how they did things. However this really made me sad about not having our Creche and Carols display this year. I have a hard time understanding how we could not be having it it this year, I know it's lots of hard work and lots of time but to me the peace and spirit of the display make it all worth it. My favorite part is the night that's it's finally all set up and ready to open the to the public the next day, and I take the time to just sit down and feel the spirit of the Creche and enjoy the beauty of it. I will really miss that this year. I am truly looking forward till next year for Creches and Carols 2009.

2 comments:

Judi said...

So will the stake be having it every other year now? Why did they decide to do that? I always enjoyed going - but I know it was such a huge project for all involved.

Chris and Katie said...

I miss it too! One ward in our stake is having their own little Creches and Carols. I hope it'll be back next year!