Monday, October 13, 2008

Texas instead of Australia???


Recently I blogged about RJ's parents receiving their mission call to Sydney Australia. Tonight they called and said their call has been changed to Fort Worth Texas and they report in 3 weeks!! They were supposed to report to the MTC in late December. Quite a change. So they won't be visiting their family before they leave but we can visit them. A perk of being a senior missionary.

They aren't even really too disappointed, they just want to serve, they don't care where. The reason for the switch, their last mission was to Russia and Russia won't officially say why they were there so Australia won't give them a visa.

RJ, who served his mission in Australia, really wanted to go get them when their mission was over in Sydney. I don't think he will be all that thrilled about Texas :)

2 comments:

McKay Coffey said...

Sounds like his parents were needed pretty badly in Texas. I'm sure they will have success in the work they do there. Good luck!!

p.s. Thanks for finding my scriptures!!!!

Nonnie said...

Texas ? It will be great !!Sorry to hear about Australia.I am glad they will be in-state so you can visit. My prayers and love are with them.Pass it on please.