Monday, October 6, 2008

My cat is a killer :(

This is McKay's fish Noah. We have been Noah's caretaker since McKay went to college in august.
I first met Noah in July when I drove Katy and McKay and Kat to EFY in Kansas. Katy always takes a stuffed duck. McKay brought a live fish!!! He planned to take it to BYU but they don't allow pets of any kind. So he asked Katy to take care of Noah. All was going very well. I put Noah in the china cupboard so the cats wouldn't see him, or least couldn't get to him. But, Noah's aquarium kept getting bubbles on top of the water, and the water was murky so I thought he needed more light. I put him on the bookshelf, where the cats never go. He did great for a couple of weeks, but I was rudely awakened this morning by a crash, and my sweet little Max had jumped up and knocked the aquarium onto the floor. Poor Noah didn't survive the fall. Or maybe the impact...... But Max did not eat him. He was just sitting by Noah looking bewildered. I put Noah in a box and we will bury him in our family pet cemetery under a tree in the back yard. He will join an assortment of pet mice, hamsters, wild baby bunnies and our beloved Cookie and Summer. Noah will not be alone.

I am so terribly sorry, McKay, that Max killed Noah. I really thought he was safe at our house. Remember when you come from your mission we will get a new beta and it will be Noah's brother.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

McKay Coffey said...

The bubbles are normal. Every time he goes up for air he makes little bubbles and they don't like to pop. The water gets murky because Noah eats and then gets rid of his food. He just needed a water change. He can take a little murk. It's totally fine. I knew he would die sooner or later. Thank you for taking care of him.

Chris and Katie said...

Hahahaha...that is super funny. He lived the good life.