So we started out by leaving our house at 5:30 am. Hurricane Ike was attacking St Louis and the rain was coming down sideways and the wind was terrible. I know this because we had the pleasure of spending about an hour sitting at the top of the ramp from 270 on to
70, while the wing rocked the van back and forth. Who knew what traffic would be like trying to get to Earth city at 5:30 am. We heard later on the radio that a marathon of 5000 people was running through Earth city so they had the road blocked into Earth city. Once we crept off the ramp we were finally able to get out of the two far right lanes and get going through St Charles and beyond. What a way to start out. Other than some road construction we really had no other delays and only 16 hours later we made it to Cheyenne Wyoming. tomorrows 450 mile drive will be a breeze!!
Driving 900 plus miles in one day makes for a lot of time to think. I mean Katy and I can only talk so much and I can't read while she's driving with out taking motion sickness medicine and then I can't drive at all. So this gives me time to think.
Katy brought up the point that we have let everyday life get in the way of spiritual life. Plus going to Utah always makes me think about the church, since I was baptised there and all the things RJ and i planned to do with our family when we had one. It's not that we never do them, but we can do much better. So Katy and I decided to go
back to our old routine of reading scriptures and family prayer after she gets home from seminary but before school. I really like the feeling of sending everyone off for the day with family prayer.
Then we decided that we would have our family night lessons on Sunday, since we so often have work or other activities on Monday nights and then free Monday nights can be family fun or activity nights Also we will try not to be scheduled to work on Sundays at our jobs.
Also we talked about travelling and eating out when traveling on Sundays. We are going to try to bring food on trips if we have to travel on Sunday.
So maybe putting my goals down for eveyone to see will help us reach them, if anyone has ideas on how to fit everything into everyday life, feel free to share. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done.
Sibling love
11 years ago
1 comments:
Good on you! I know I can definitly improve in these areas as well. School's kinda getting in the way of things, but BYU sure does make it easier by having things closed on Sunday and having FHE groups and Devotionals on Tuesdays. It's great to be in an environment which allows you to be so close to the spirit, but sometimes I think it's not having it that has made me appreciate it more. Most people from Utah seem unaffected by it. I think it's great that you have decided to reimplement these things in your family's life. I'm going to try to get my roomates to have a community prayer at least once a day. We usually just do things on our own.
Post a Comment