Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Boy Comes Home Tomorrow!

I can't believe two years has gone by. It doesn't seem that long ago that we took Rob to the MTC and now we will be picking him up at the airport in about 17 hours.


I am so grateful that Rob chose to serve the Lord by serving a mission. I am so grateful for all he has learned while on his mission, for his wonderful testimony and love of the the Gospel. I am grateful for all the people in the Seattle mission who looked out for Rob, who fed him, who called me and sent pictures and in general kept me from worrying about him too much.
I am grateful to the Lord for keeping him safe and for blessing him and our family for Rob's service. I am grateful for all the friends who listened to me cry for the first 4 months and then listened to me talk endlessly about him and the experiences he was having in the mission. I am grateful for all the people who supported Rob with letters and packages and gifts and prayers.
I am just grateful for my son, the returning missionary, for the blessings he has brought into our lives for the last 21 years!!

0 comments: