I might be a feminist at heart. I hate to admit that a man can do something better than I can. However if you were at my house right now you would fall down laughing at the mess Katy and I have made of doing yard work. First I had her go out and pull weeds and sweep off the patio.
Then we tried to mow the 2 foot long grass in the back yard where it has been flooded for weeks. The lawn mower won't stay on, it does about half a length of the yard then it quits and we have to stop and pry out the grass from the blades. The smoke started coming out of the mower. So we decided to let the grass dry a little more.
Then we got out the weed whacker. I decided to edge along the patio, where of course grass and dirt are now spread over the freshly swept patio. Then I weed whacked my toe. It really hurt!!!!
Next we have to saw some branches off a tree. Hopefully we won't lose any of our own limbs doing that. Then off to battle with the weeds in the front garden. Always our favorite job.
I hate yard work. We are trying to surprise RJ with the work being done when he gets home tonight. It's painful, but I will admit he is better at it than I am. I should also admit that Sam mowed the front yard without a problem! Oh well, I'd rather be cooking any way!
Sibling love
11 years ago
4 comments:
There are some things that men seem to have a better pulse on then we do. Mowing is a great one. Why not let Sam tackle the back outer forty, or are you just worried you won't be able to find him in the jungle grass ?
I congratulate on your attempt. i bet RJ will be very touched with your service "present" Good for you !!!
read the next post, Ronnie, I don't think RJ will be so pleased!
All this rain has made a mess of our yard too. I spent a long time today picking up many, many branches. Who knows when we will get to the fallen tree. That will have to be a job for Ben and a chain saw. I am with you, I'd rather be in the kitchen too!
Oh,NOOO !!
Post a Comment