Sunday, May 25, 2008

My cat plays better than me!!!




OK, this isn't my cat, but it probably plays better than me.

I'll admit it, I skipped my piano lesson this week because I just couldn't let my teacher know I haven't mastered the two one line scales she gave me. I mean how pathetic is that. I hope to practice much more before Thursday so I won't be embarrassed.

I still can't make my hands each play something different at the same time. I just need to practice more but I've been so discouraged, it's easier not to. Not that that is going to help, of course.

This is a cute cat picture though. I think I'll see if Max can play the piano, or at least pose at it. He does like to sit by me when I play it.

3 comments:

Judi said...

I think it is so great that you are taking piano lessons. Keep practicing! I have learned a lot just sitting in on the girl's lessons. But I think they are both passing me up! I know it is because I just don't practice. :)

Gabe is still not doing so great today. He still has a high fever. I stayed home from church with him. It is beginning to worry me.

Anonymous said...

Now Sparky, you know once and a while you're jusy gonna get crazy about this. You're not progessing fast enough, you can't get it, it's not coming,etc. That's the stuff you're telling yourself now,well, KNOCK IT OFF, Suck it up !!
You are of infinite worth and with lots of hard work,you;ll make it. I am so proud of you !! You are playing circles around some people that took lessons a lot longer than you. love ya.

Julie Westra said...

Wow, I sure hope your teacher doesn't read this and kick you out of lessons! Piano lessons are overated anyway - what are you trying to do? Become talented enough so that they release you from your calling and make you the pianist in Primary? :) You'll be sorry!

PS - Check you out - you're getting lots of comments these days! Way to go! I"ll let you know how my attempt at butter cake goes. It looks really good - I hope I dont' go crazy eating it!