My teacher said I did good today at piano lessons. The miracle is that I have barely practiced for two weeks. This morning when I went over the songs before lessons I was terrible. At lessons I did OK! Those pesky scales I can't master ... she said just keep practicing it slowly. Eventually my hands will learn to play different things at the same time. She told me to try other scales too. She gave me two new songs along with the practicing of the old four songs. The new ones are blues. They have flats in them. Scary! I think she said they are played in the key of F. All these key things and majors and minors and steps and half steps swirl around in my head till I can't even think. My teacher said I don't have to learn it all at once. I say good, because my brain would explode!
She said I can not be negative this week. Just keep practicing. My friend Ronnie keeps telling me SIU ( she says this means suck it up) and just keep practicing. SOOOOOOOO my goal is to just keep practicing and not be negative to my self. My in laws are coming this weekend so I will get to show off what I've learned since march. They encouraged me when I said my new years goal was to learn to play the piano. This is probably the first new years goal I've ever kept. I can't quit now.
She said I can not be negative this week. Just keep practicing. My friend Ronnie keeps telling me SIU ( she says this means suck it up) and just keep practicing. SOOOOOOOO my goal is to just keep practicing and not be negative to my self. My in laws are coming this weekend so I will get to show off what I've learned since march. They encouraged me when I said my new years goal was to learn to play the piano. This is probably the first new years goal I've ever kept. I can't quit now.

1 comments:
Hey Dorie, um I mean Sparky,
Am I proud of you or WHAT!!! No,no, to the negativity. Yes,yes, to the creativity !! I just know that one day you will put your fingers on those keys and away you'll fly !!!You'll be playing the blues instead of just singing them !!!
Post a Comment