Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Elder Lindmark

It seems in the past Rob rarely had a serious moment in his life. He is all about finding joy and fun in everything. At the beginning of his mission he wrote me and said, remember mom, "men are, that they might have joy". (2nd Nephi 2:25 ) I had just mentioned to him that he might want to be a little more serious on his mission and he quoted scripture at me!! Anyway, he's doing great, loves every minute of his mission, except maybe the rain, loves the people of Seattle and area, and its hard to believe but he comes home in just 4.5 months.


Here is his latest letter and a funny picture of him.




Hey family!

My Mother! Karen Lindmark is a blogger! Oh my! Truly a woman of the 21st century ha-ha.... Anyways this week was G-O-O-D! Not really sure why...probably started with Eddie Mahoney. This guy we found tracting he’s a cool guy and he said that he would like to get up to the church for a church tour and to meet with our ward employment specialist because he’s looking for a job. That was early in the week. We haven’t got back a hold of him yet but we will. Then Saturday, oh what to say about Saturday! It was amazing! By far the nicest day this year…it was incredible. I can’t even describe it. It was so nice out I didn’t even want to go inside to take our lunch…we just stayed out all day. I was just in a good mood all day and most people we talked too were as well. It was a good day as far as teaching goes too. We taught 3 lessons got 2 new investigators and visited with some awesome families that we didn’t know, 2 of which were recent converts. We taught Stan this week too…I’m not really sure how that went and I’m not really sure what to think about some times I feel like he is just using us for service. Which would be fine but he pretends to be interested in what we teach. I’d rather just have him tell us he is not interested but just wants some help doing yard work. We would still help him… When we teach him, as far as I can tell it is just a waste of time. Every time he feels the spirit he changes the direction of the conversation and goes off on some tangent. We haven’t figured out why yet but we’ll keep working with him. Then there is this kid named James that we’ve had a couple of lessons with he is way cool. But…just likes talking with us to ‘gain a new perspective’ but its cool we have fun talking to him. But he’s moving to Lithuania in a couple of months…Well that’s about it for the week. This transfer has gone by super fast I can’t believe it’s already week six! Love you

Elder Lindmark

0 comments: