So one week after I left Katy in Utah, she is playing basketball outside her apartment and gets hurt, (I know, big surprise, she has her mothers clumsiness). This is the Saturday before Labor Day. On Labor Day she goes to the hospital and they tell her it looks sprained. But its the bottom of her foot that hurts and is swollen. They give her a boot and crutches and now she takes the bus up to campus instead of riding her bike. Then the hospital radiologist calls and says it might be fractured so if it still hurts in a week to come back for more x-rays.
Five weeks pass, it still hurts but Katy is too 'busy' to get back to the doctor. Finally on Monday I told her to go after work since it is really hurting her. They say its not fractured but go to the podiatrist Tuesday morning. Well, of course, it is fractured - a lisfranc fracture, something to do with bones holding the toes together in the middle of her foot. Now she is in a boot for two weeks and could possibly need surgery to put a screw in her foot. Plus she has to have orthotics. But... the worst part of the whole thing....she can not wear FLIP FLOPS any more...(gasp in horror) a tragedy I know. Of course I feel bad cause I can't be there to help her, however she doesn't seem to be lacking in attention and sympathy.
Sibling love
11 years ago
1 comments:
WOW. Thanks Mom you make me seem pathetic. I'm really okay. AND yes it is horrible and tragic that I can't wear flip flops or pretty much any cute shoe!!!!!
I understand the last line. very funny. :P
<3 Katy
Post a Comment