Monday, May 18, 2009

Seminary Graduation (or no getting up at 5:30 for one whole year!)

Was Katy happy about graduating seminary??? I think so.

I also am happy because we have one whole year off of seminary before Sam starts fall of 2010. Yay!


But that's not really what I am writing about :)

I am proud of Katy, the only one from our ward this year to graduate from seminary. She has made it a priority for 4 years to get up at 5:30am and go to seminary even if she is sick or tired .
She never complains because she know how important seminary is in her life. It starts her day out right and helps her get through days at school filled with many less worthwhile things.
Katy gave talk at the graduation which was themed Take Time to be Holy, and her topic was Feast upon the Scriptures. She did a great job. She also got to participate in a string ensemble and sing with all the seminary students. It was a really nice ceremony and I appreciate all the time the stake put in to preparing it for our youth.
I love the seminary program and wish I had been a member in high school and had the privilege of learning so much about the Scriptures. I am so glad Katy and Rob have had the chance to go to seminary.

2 comments:

KJA said...

way to go Katy!

Katie said...

GO KATY!! And what's with all the other slackers in the Frontenac Ward??? or was Katy the only senior? Tristan and Daniel are coming to St. Louis this weekend. They are staying with the Shumway's in honor of Hyrum's farewell. It's a short trip. I think they are coming Saturday and leaving on Sunday. Daniel has to be back to work on Monday morning.