Thursday, January 15, 2009

Katy's Missionary


This is Katy's missionary, Elder McKay Coffey, he entered the Missionary Training Center yesterday, Wednesday, January 14th. He will be serving the Lord as missionary for our church for the next two years in San Diego California.
Katy and McKay are very good friends and each will be learning and growing for the next two years....after that? only time will tell.
In the meantime I imagine a letter a week will go from St Louis to San Diego, filled with encouraging scriptures and missionary appropriate things. I gave Katy 104 stamps and a book on how to write uplifting letters to missionaries. I told her when the 104 stamps were gone , McKay would be home! They both are really great kids, always striving to do what the Lord wants them to do. I wish McKay the very best on his mission, I know he will be a great missionary and have a wonderful influence on the people he meets in California. I look forward to watching Katy mature as she finishes high school and goes to college in the fall. I know these next two years will be a growing time for her also.

0 comments: