So, this probably won't be too exciting to many of you, but to me it was a wonderful blessing.
In august my friend Shawn came back from Utah with a great recipe for wheat bread and new Bosch mixer. I loved the bread and I don't usually care for most homemade wheat breads.
I went to Utah in September and brought back wheat and gluten and dough enhancer and special salt and thought I could make the same bread with my Kitchen Aid mixer. Well, no, the mixer isn't strong enough and after almost burning up the engine trying to make a full batch, I tried a half batch, and it still didn't turn out right, it was way too heavy. So I have been coveting, dreaming about, wishing for and in general whining about how I needed a Bosch mixer. But they have a hefty price and with RJ out of work since July, I couldn't spend the money for a new one. So I made bread at my friends house and she was very kind and said I could make bread at her house, but I couldn't get over there too often.
So one day this week I came home from work, and sat down at the computer to look at my email and another friend, Julie was giving her old Bosch mixer away, because she got a new one and the first person who saw her email could have her old one. So I emailed her very excited-ly and surprise, I was the first one to say I wanted it. Julie is very wonderful and even brought it over to me. I so appreciate the mixer and feel very, very blessed to have such wonderful friends and a wonderful mixer too!!!

4 comments:
You are blessed, and loved tooo !!!! I'm a hankering for some low fat ,fully cooked wheat bread YUMMMMMM !
I made THE BREAD at Shawn's today and it really, really is good. Glad the Bosch is working out for you and getting used by loving hands :)
How fun! So can you share the recipe? I've been experimenting with my new mixer too and would love a good bread recipe.
We will open our own bakery and sell millions of loaves of wheat bread ....what do you think?
Julie is right ...the batch we made was pretty darn good. I hope Robbie shared the loaf I sent home with him.
Post a Comment