Sunday, September 28, 2008

Released

Rob is 21 years old. When he was eight I became his cub scout den leader. Later I became a member of the committee and for many many years I have served as the Cub Scout committee chair person. Today after 13 years in scouts I was released. I have to now teach the new chairman what little I know.
I have loved the boys and the leaders I have worked with and there have been many. Many of the boys I have had in cub scouts are home from missions, on missions and in boy scouts now. I will miss them.
However, since my youngest son, Sam is closer to 13 than 10 and hasn't been in Cub Scouts for some time, I am ready to be released from this calling. Or so I tell myself. Change is very hard for me.

0 comments: