Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm glad that's over!


So I left home at 7:30 this morning to go buy the food for the ward Memorial Day picnic and then went to set up and decorate. My committee came in at 10 and then we went to work. Thankfully the rain stopped long enough for the Boy Scout Flag Retirement Ceremony that we had invited the community to. This is the first year we have had the new fire ring to use. It was very nice. Then everyone came inside for our 'indoor picnic'. We felt we just couldn't rely on the weather enough to eat outside plus there were puddles and mud everywhere. It rained 3 inched in 12 hours last night.
It all worked out very well despite the weather and we received many compliments on the activity. I am grateful for my committee and the friends that helped!!
We took a few moments to thank our recently released Bishopric and to sing Happy Birthday to our new Bishop, who's birthday is Wednesday. He said next year we were cancelling the activity so we couldn't embarrass him. I said OK!! I guess this isn't my favorite calling ever!
I am also thankful for all the Veterans we could honor today and all those who have given their lives for our country.

1 comments:

Judi said...

Too bad the picnic had to be inside. I don't recall any of them being inside while we were there. But it sounds like it all worked out. I am sure it was a great event - you always are so good at planning activities. I guess that is why you have the calling.

We had a quiet day here. We had an older couple from our branch over for a little "indoor" picnic too.