Today is our ward temple day. Often it passes unnoticed at our house where the middle of the week is usually crazy busy. However this is our once a year temple"consecration day" and for the past few weeks it's all we've heard about a church. RJ did not take a vacation day and would have been out of town on business today if not for the death of his aunt. Now I'm not saying the death was a good thing but it did enable him to change his plans and he went to the temple this morning before he left for Huntington Beach, California for the funeral. We haven't seen this particular aunt for many years until last October when RJ and Katy went to California for a family reunion organized by this aunt. I thought it was strange that we'd never had a reunion before but now I think it was Aunt Mary wanting to reconnect with all her family before she died.
Now I am getting ready to go to the noon session, a special, get as many ward members as possible there, session, after which I will pick Katy up from her choir rehearsal (RJ took their car to the airport) and go get ready to go back to the temple for the youth baptism session at 5. I am so excited to see Katy and Sam in the temple together. If only Rob was here too.
So I'm having a hard time putting it into words but I can't imagine anything better than seeing your children in the temple and a death in the family really makes me grateful for the temple and eternal families!!!

1 comments:
Hey Sparky,
I was touched as you wrote about the temple today. I agree there is no better place to connect with family and friends than at the temple. I think this was one special time for you ,and yes the kids and the flowers were brilliant !! Maybe a little sneezy
though ,I can definitely relate.
Love ya !!!
Post a Comment